Sunday, August 19, 2012

Joy independent of circumstances


Joy independent of circumstances…How I long to find joy in all circumstances that life throws at me.  It is only with the presence and peace of the God that this is possible. So often when times get tough, things, or relationships don’t work as planned or hoped I often try to fix it or let my emotions get the best of me. Today’s devotional was a perfect reminder for me to put myself in the presence of the Lord especially during those circumstances and to find the joy! Easier said than done, right?! I am continually learning to let it go and let God have His way and put my own will aside. I may think I know best but ultimately I have no idea what my future holds and as bad as I may want something I have to trust that the Lord knows best! So I have to remind myself to lay it all down and be in His presence.  Tonight I lay it all down before the Lord; my hopes, my dreams, my desires and I ask that He would show me His hopes, His dreams, His desires for my life.

This devotional is a perfect example of many Haitians. I feel that despite many of their circumstances I often see joy in their hearts. They are a living example of what it means to have joy independent of circumstances.  

Help me to have that JOY!






No comments:

Post a Comment