Monday, April 29, 2013

My SISTER in HAITI


My sister is on her way to Haiti!! 

The day has come…it is hard to believe that it is actually happening and I feel like I’ve been so busy and overwhelmed with other things going on (will need a new blog post for all of that) that I really haven’t had much time to process it….BUT today MY SISTER is going to be in HAITI with ME!!!

If any of you know us, we couldn’t be more different, but yet often get asked if we are twins. For those of you who don’t know us….I could live life without planning out a single thing (probably why I can handle living in Haiti!) and my sister on the other hand likes to have everything planned out or at least know what is going on. So first of all the fact that she made the decision to come here-kind of on a whim and with only about 3 weeks to prepare is a miracle in and of itself! Also the fact that she really doesn’t know what to expect or how our week is going to look is not like her—miracle number two! Also when I asked her about the week and tried to plan a day for us; she had no preference as to what it looked like (and to be honest I still don’t either ;) ) but that is not like her!! Miracle number 3! She hasn’t even gotten to Haiti and God is already doing miracles! :)
Rhonda and I at the Sweetheart ball in February--this was a surprise visit home for me it was great....for her I think she was more stressed about not knowing that I was coming home, but of course ecstatic that I was home!   

I can’t begin to explain what this means to me and how excited I am to share my love for Haiti with her. I can’t wait for her to experience the sights, the sound, the smells, the foods, and the touches of the Haitian people. Haiti is a place that I love dearly and my heart breaks for daily, but it is also a place where I see God all around and today I get to share that with my sister! My heart is overflowing with joy and excitement right now!

Its hard to really get an understand of Haiti just through the pictures—which she has seen a lot of—but today those pictures are going to be her reality. She is going to see the Haitian people, see the poverty, experience the love that overflows from you for a child that isn’t yours and you don’t even know the name of, but you do know that they need love and a tender touch. Today Haiti will be reality and I undoubtedly know that it will change her life and the way she looks at those pictures forever.

God has an amazing week planned out for us and no matter; it will be great.  Please pray over this week with me. Pray that God would break our hearts, He would protect us and keep us safe, He would have His way with us, He would put people in our paths who need us, He would keep us healthy, He would defeat satan and satan would not have any footholds this week, He would open our eyes to new things, He would speak to us daily, and that HE would be our Guide and our Rock for anything that comes at us this week.

Today is the start of an amazing week and week that I have longed for many many many months! 

                                                   (patiently waiting for you Brian...) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment