Thursday, May 9, 2013

Joy filled Heart--sharing Haiti with my Sister!!


My heart is filled with JOY at the fact that last week I was able to share HAITI with MY SISTER!! Words cannot describe how amazing it was to watch her experience Haiti for the first time! It brought me right back to my first trip with all the emotions and questions of WHY?!?

To see her love on the kids of Cite Soliel, hold the sick and dying babies, rub lotion on those with Tuberculosis, paint the nails of the sick and frail elderly, kiss the faces of poor, love on our elderly in Titanyen, hold baby Katie and bless her with diapers and cute new clothes, carry the water buckets to the tin shanties called 'homes' and just to see her be the hands and feet of Jesus fills my heart with JOY!

My heart continues to break as I was reminded of life outside the walls of Grace Village and all those in such horrible situations. I was blessed to be able to serve again in this way and best of all to share that with my sister. 

Check out our pictures from the week and all the love and joy we were able to share together!! 
Truly blessed to be able to share this part of my life with my sister. 




I would also like to say thank you to all of her friends who supported her on this trip with donations and who blessed me with all kinds of goodies and snacks! Thank you for blessing me and loving me!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment