Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A most wonderful Christmas gift!!

WOW!! It has been too long!! So much has happened since I last posted--SORRY for not keeping you all up to date! Here we go....

As many of you know a long time ago I fell in love with a little boy! I fell in love with a little boy but had to wait on God's timing. After 2 years of waiting and trying to navigate through things in Haiti I can hardly believe that God has been faithful! At the end of November I was granted guardianship of little mr. Lovinsky! I traveled back to MN for Thanksgiving and when I returned he came to live with me! He is now going to the same school that I teach at. He is learning English and making all kinds of new friends!

It has been such an amazing and busy time! We have laughed together, we have cried together and we have been so blessed to have each other!

Before I left for MN I told him that he was going to be coming to live with me when I got back....we were both pretty excited! :) 






Trying out the basketball court at school! :) Its so great that we can use this all the time! 

 Checking out the school!!

His first day of school!! So handsome!  


It didn't take him too long to find a friend to run around with! We've also had some chats about being a good friend and keep our hands to ourself. ;) I'd like to say it's all been great, but we've had some "mom" moments we've had to deal with as well. 

We've had fun weekends filled with ice cream and.....

 Christmas lights!! (all at the grocery store!) haha 

 We're are having all kinds of new and good foods! (That requires me doing a lot more cooking...which if you know me may not be my best quality ;) ) Good thing he's not too picky! 

We've been blessed with amazing friends who take us out for treats and to the "Haitian zoo" :) 

We've also been blessed to be invited to Christmas parties where there is always something new and exciting to try! 

 A new experience on the trampoline...notice he's holding onto the pole ;) 
Thankful to have some fun and crazy friends to hang out with! 

We went to a little bazaar in Haiti where we got to sell Anchored in Hope items and Lovinsky made snow cones all day for everyone.....

saw Santa Claus...but said it wasn't the real Santa because he wasn't "red" or in other words white. Yikes! ;) 

 He even got to be spiderman...which just resulted in red face paint everywhere from him sweating and jumping on the trampoline! :) 

I did get to see him a little bit that day! ;) 

Our lives are completely different, but in a good way! We have our challenges, but we work through them. We have many happy moments. We have been blessed beyond measure by amazing friends who love us and help take care of us! We are blessed and thankful for each of you who have and continue to support us! 


I am so thankful for such a wonderful Christmas gift this year and all the joy that comes with it!
God is good and He is so faithful! I am so excited to continue this journey with my little man and see where God leads us! 

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from our house to yours!! :)

Sending lots of love! Jessica and Lovinsky :) 
Cheers to 2015 and all that God has in store! 

No comments:

Post a Comment