Thursday, April 16, 2015

Struggles of a missionary

I had a missionary moment today....as I was at home by myself (hardly ever happens!) I was washing dishes and had a little mini melt down. Yep, washing dishes as water started to flood my eyes. 

It was a moment when I hate being in love with two countries and having loved ones in both places. A moment when I hated the fact that I would be missing out on yet another special event in the lives of my loved ones in MN.

I received the sweetest Evite today to one of the most special people in my life's 18th birthday party!! First of all I thought how in the world can this kid be 18! Then a huge sadness took over me as I realized I wouldn't be able to go back to MN to share in this special event of this special guy who has overcome so much! 

On April 5th 2012 Nathaniel was admitted to Children's Hospital and diagnosed with a rare blood disease called TTP. (you can read about his journey here) This was one of the scariest times! Seeing my favorite little buddy lying in that hospital bed with tubes and IV's everywhere was so hard. I still remembering the sight of that hospital room where he was sedated. Ugh such a horrible feeling. 
This was shortly after he started finally feeling better and we got to hangout!!
 I am so incredibly thankful for all of that to be in the past! And thankful for continued good blood counts at check up appointments! I am so incredibly sad that I won't be able to be there to celebrate with you but I hope you know how much I love you and miss hanging out with you!! Can we please hangout soon!!
This little stinker loved scaring me at the Haunted Maze thing!!!
   

 This kid has brought me so much joy I can't even begin to tell you!! I just love how God brought us together!! I can't imagine my life without you and all of our fun times together when we can just "Go with the flow" (insert rolling hand motion here) ;) 
The star athlete of the Western Wings!!

 
Maybe God will open a door for a cheap flight, extra cash, and to have days off of school...that's my prayer! Will you pray that pray with me!


Happy 18th birthday buddy!!! I still can't believe you are almost 18 years old!!! Stop growing up!!! I miss you tons!!!



 I love you so much buddy!!!! 


sdkjflaksdjfklajsdklfsd
klvnksdljfkajkdjskdfj
ksldjfkfsdjfklsjdfkjskn
kdnvkdierjioejfvmoeirjok :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment