Monday, September 24, 2012

A blessing from Minnesota...another familiar face


The other week I was beyond blessed to share Haiti with my MOM!! This was such a blessing to me to be able to share Haiti with someone from my family. 

She was a natural from her first night there when we went for a walk around the block she instantly had kids hanging on her and holding her hands. With no question or no reserve she jumped right in and loved on them. It was a moment that made my heart so happy. She didn't stop to check to see if they were dirty or try to keep her distance but she jumped right in loved on them.







This continued throughout the week...I can't tell you how much joy it brought me to see my mom loving on the people and children of Haiti as I have for so long. It's something I have a hard time putting into words and I had to continue to remind myself throughout the week that my mom was really in Haiti with me serving along side of me and loving on those who are less fortunate but loving on them as one of her own. I felt so proud to see her step out of her comfort zone in so many ways and give of herself.
 

To be able to have my mom in Haiti to see first hand the place that I fell in love with was almost surreal. To have her see, smell, touch, hear everything about Haiti and to be able to love on the people was such a blessing. I love that she was able to see where I'm living, the kids who I love so dearly and who fill me up with joy everyday and to see some of the elderly that touch my heart was such a gift.
I know she was overwhelmed with Haiti and the living standards; as most people who come to Haiti for the first are, but she didn't show it when she was out in the field serving the people of Haiti and being His hands and feet. I am so grateful for this week with mom and to be able to share Haiti with her. It was a very special week for me and made my heart so happy to have her here.
 My MOM was in Haiti with ME serving those less fortunate with an abundant amount of love. It was a proud moment for me to be able to share a place that is so special to me with someone who is so special to me.  Thank you mom for stepping out of your comfort zone and stepping into faith and serving along side of me! Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment