Sunday, September 2, 2012

Here's my life..


What I long for…

Today marks two months in Haiti. It seems like a long time but at the same time it seems like I just got here. I almost feel like it still hasn’t really hit me that this is my home for the next year; or actually as long as God has planned. I’ve come to realize that my life isn’t what I had planned for myself years ago; and I'm ok with that. 

As I read todays devotion I realized that it is exactly what I long for.


“You keep your plans tentative, knowing that my plans are far superior.” This is what I long for. I feel that this is how so many Haitians live their lives. “Living in dependence on ME...” Many of them wake up each morning and have no other choice but to depend on God to provide them with what they need or to follow His agenda for the day. I find that living here I’ve been able to let my agenda go more easily than I would be able to in MN. In MN I feel that I have a schedule, job, activities and a to do list that must get done…I don’t leave room to let my plans be ‘tentative’ or allow God to lead me. Yes, it’s a cultural thing, but why do I conform to the American culture? I know I have and I do and it’s sad that I let my life and my agenda get in the way of God’s plans that are far more superior to mine. 
Last week at church we sang the song, "No Sacrifice" by Jason Upton and I feel like God is continuing to remind me that I need to give Him my life...my WHOLE life. I must sacrifice my plans and ideas and know that HIS are far great than mine! 
"No Sacrifice"
To you I give my life, not just the parts I want to
To you I sacrifice these dreams that I hold on to

Your thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is stronger than mine
This is no sacrifice
Here's my life

To you I give the gifts
Your love has given me
How can I hoard the treasures that you've designed for free?

BecauseYour thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is stronger than mine
This is no sacrifice
Here's my life

To you I give my future
As long as it may last
To you I give my present
To you I give my past

BecauseYour thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is stronger than mine

Your thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is stronger than mine
This is no sacrifice
Here's my life


HERE'S MY LIFE... I GIVE IT ALL TO YOU!! 

Check it out it's worth listening to...it rocked my world and changed my perspective!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment